The Barbados Defence Force is conducting a pre-secondary school Basic Information Technology Summer Camp from today until July 27.
The camp will be staged at St. Ann’s Fort, The Garrison, St. Michael for children and wards of employees of the BDF. Classes will run from 9 a.m. until noon for those aged eight to 11 and from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. for those aged 12 to 13.
It is designed to give participants basic knowledge and skills to enable them to efficiently use the information system resources within their respective secondary schools and at home.
The IT course will include: Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System; Microsoft Word 2010; Basic Internet Research Skills; Basic Keyboarding Skills; and Content Animation. (BGIS)
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App