Over the next few days hundreds more, including a contingent from Barbados, will also pass through Heathrow en route to participating in the planet’s major athletics showpiece.
The protection of athletes and officials has been a major issue leading up to the Games and heavily-armed security personnel were quite visible at strategic points at the airport to ensure the safety of all arrivals.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App