LONDON – Kevin Pietersen has not been included in England’s 30-man squad for the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka, which features one-day captain Alastair Cook.
Pietersen, 32, quit limited-overs internationals in May after an impasse with the England & Wales Cricket Board, only to hint at a U-turn last week.
But negotiations with the board did not reach a resolution in time for him to be named in the preliminary squad.
Cook has not played a Twenty20 match for England since November 2009.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App