They were not able to celebrate his 18th birthday today with joy and merriment, but relatives and friends of Akeem Hackett may have achieved some closure, after a near two-day search for his missing body at sea, ended with its discovery this morning, albeit on his special day.
The body of Akeem, who fell to his death from a cliff at Paragon, Christ Church while fishing with friends on Monday night, was found at 5:40 a.m. by a patrol from the Barbados Defence Force. The dead teen was located in the surf at the southern end of Long Beach, about a mile away from where he dropped, wearing only a pair of pants.
His mother Corleta Hackett and extended family identified the body as that of their loved one. A post mortem is scheduled to be conducted to determine the cause of death. (EJ)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App