YORKSHIRE – Rising star Neymar sent out a warning to Brazil’s Olympic rivals as Team Great Britain learnt just how tough their medal quest will be.
The 20-year-old striker turned in a fine individual display as Mano Menezes’ men eased their way to a 2-0 win over England at the Riverside Stadium today.
Tottenham midfielder Sandro headed the visitors into a 12th-minute lead before Neymar converted a 35th-minute penalty after Micah Richards had tripped Porto striker Hulk.
The Brazilians won with something to spare on a night when goalkeepers Jason Steele before the break and Jack Butland after it kept the score-line respectable in front of a crowd of 24,721
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App