MUMBAI – The Mumbai police have reportedly confirmed that Indian leg-spinner Rahul Sharma and South African fast bowler Wayne Parnell tested positive for recreational
drugs. The Indian Cricket Board said it would wait for all the details before taking any action against Rahul who, along with Parnell, was among the 90 people detained by the police after a raid on a party in Mumbai in May.
The BCCI president N Srinivasan said there would be no hasty decision.
“I don’t know why everyone is in a mood to execute Rahul Sharma without even going into the details,” Srinivasan said.
“The BCCI will first procure each and every bit of relevant information and then study them before deciding on the course of action.”
Rahul is currently in Sri Lanka with the India team while Parnell is in Zimbabwe as part of the South Africa A squad.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App