As season two of the Radio Operated Auto Racers competition reached its halfway stage, newcomer Nick Harrison of Bajan Services fame, recently stamped his authority in the “Open” Class by winning all three of his debut races at the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex Raceway.
Harrison competed in his well prepared Mugen MBX 6 R and forced Andrew “Scooby” Smith in his Mustor’s Wholesale Liquors Team Xray XB 808 and Richard Gamble using a similar machine, to settle for second and third places respectively, in all their races.
The “Modified” Class also saw Scott Foster in his Hot Bodies D8 stamp his authority on his competitors, likewise recording a hat-trick of victories.
Although facing serious competition from other drivers such as Robin Mustor in his Big Boyz Toyz/Mustor’s Wholesale Liquors Team Xray XB 808, Matthew “Left Ball” Whitney in his Wadman Brothers Mugen MBX 6R and Ryan “Gowah” Hill in his Team Agama, Foster not only won due to his consistent driving skills but mainly because of his reliable machine.
Racing will continue this Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex Raceway. (PR)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App