The Nightengale Children’s Home got a small taste of Christmas in July, when it became the latest organisation to receive a donation from Team Mikey. The Black Rock institution has been in operation for more than 30 years, providing care for disadvantaged children and was the seventh stop for the team. Last week the barrel was located at Jordan’s Supermarket, Fairchild Street.
House parent, Gloria Grace, echoed the sentiments of all the previous benefactors of the movement, stating that she was both surprised and pleased with the gesture and that everything received would certainly go a long way in making the residents of the home more comfortable.
With donation number six presented to Sterling Children’s Home the previous week and the children of Sayes Court Children’s Home due to receive a donation this week, Mikey indicated that this leg of the movement was almost over.
“After this week, we only have two more donations to go,” he stated.
This week the barrel will be located at Super Centre Oistins. (DS)
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App