ST JOHN’S — Police are warning people to be on the alert for scammers who are using the Internet to sell bogus tickets for the Olympic Games in London.
According to a release, a number of fraudulent websites are offering tickets for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Local police officers were put on notice by the United Kingdom’s Metropolitan Police Service.
“We advise any individuals that have purchased tickets from these sites or any other unofficial vendor to contact the company direct and to also seek advice from your method of payment provider.
“Persons who may have purchased tickets from any of these websites for the Olympic or Paralympic games, will not receive them,” a UK officer is quoted as having said. (Antigua Observer)
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App