Barbadians are invited to learn more about the benefits of breast-feeding next month when the Winston Scott Polyclinic holds a Breast Feeding Sensitisation Day as part of celebrations to commemorate World Breast Feeding Week.
The event is scheduled to come off on August 8 at the polyclinic and will include a lecture by nurse/midwife Adina Dawe; a quiz for patrons of the antenatal clinic; and a personal testimony on the breast-feeding experience by Anne Marie Gittens.
Breast Feeding Week will be celebrated from Wednesday, August 1, to Tuesday, August 7. (BGIS)
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App