China claimed its third diving gold medal at the London Olympics today by winning the women’s 10-metres synchronised platform and taking them a step further in their aim to sweep all eight titles at the Games.
Chinese pair Chen Ruolin and Wang Hao were practically in a league of their own, finishing on 368.40 points, more than 25-points ahead of Mexico duo Paola Espinosa, who turned 26 today, and Alejandra Orozco who finished on 343.32.
Espinosa and her 15-year-old partner, like their male compatriots who took the silver in the men’s event yesterday, chose dives with the greatest overall level of difficulty that scored higher.
Canada’s Meaghan Benfeito and Roseline Filion took the bronze with 337.62 points.
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App