Awaken my ears O Lord
To the sound of the morning breaking;
to your light as it chases the darkness,
A new day in me awakening.
Indulge my nostrils, Lord,
To the smell of your refreshing rain,
To the scent of your strong arm,
As it unearths the cause and dislodges pain.
Anoint my eyes, O God,
Make them ever swift to see
Your glory breaking forth in abundance,
Revealing your potent majesty.
The beating of my heart
Keeping time to your unfailing love,
My spirit enthralled with your excellence,
Yearning for your presence from above.
Quicken my foot steps, Lord,
To greet you at your coming,
Wafting the fragrance of the rose
In welcome at your returning.
Make me totally, fully alive
Intensely aware of you,
Alert and always eager
Our former intimacy to renew.
My arms in praise to Thee are raised,
Gratitude overwhelms my heart;
My lips constantly speak Thy praises;
How shall I live if we be kept apart?
— Joyce Guy
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App