Twenty-three National Development Scholarships have been awarded by the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development for the 2012-13 academic year.
These scholarships have been granted to provide training in scarce specialist areas and in priority areas of the socio-economic development of the country.
They include National Allied Health Studies, Specialised areas of Medicine; Culture Studies; Economics/Economic Development; Legal Studies; Agriculture; Environmental Studies; Family Services; Legal Studies; Management Studies; Physical Development; Sports; and Science and Technology.
Minister of Education and Human Resource Development, Ronald Jones, will next Wednesday, August 8, meet with the recipients at 10 a.m. in the main conference room of the ministry, located at the Elsie Payne Complex, Constitution Road, St. Michael.
Following the meeting, Minister Jones will address the media.
- Local News
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App