The inclement weather expected from the passage of Tropical Storm Ernesto has already claimed three casualties — in the form of cancellations and postponements of events, even before it has touched land in Barbados.
Three events, scheduled for between tonight and tomorrow have so far been postponed. Management of Celebration Time this evening announced that the much publicised Old Hype vs New Hype has been grounded.
Peter Boyce stated in a release: “Due to the approaching weather system, the management of Celebration Time has been forced to postpone the show … until a future date. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. A facility will be set up for those desirous of a refund.”
Likewise, news also surfaced today that this year’s Glow event, had also been cancelled, with organisers noting: “Our attempts to move the event from the outside car park venue back under the covered tent area is not feasible with such short notice.”
The Power X Four organisers apologised for any inconvenience, but stated that those who had already purchased tickets would be refunded upon presentation of their tickets at the Party Stand, Harbour Road.
Similarly, Menace and Fadda Fox, who were scheduled to have their Uniform Boatride tonight, also announced that they too would be postponing their event, due to the weather. This event will now be held on Sunday between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m. (LB)
- Local News
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App