I really don’t want to align myself with the seemingly irresponsible comments of Anthony Gabby Carter who was reported in the press as stating Barbados is ripe for a revolt.
Probably he is looking at part two of his song Riots.
But I agree with him.
However, my agreement goes beyond people not being able to make ends meet. I read the comments from the Minister of Social Care and a lot of what he said was news to me. I know lots of poor struggling people and up until then I was not armed with that information to direct them to the avenues of relief he spoke about.
But I thank him for speaking out.
In this Season of Emancipation I did some soul searching, some thinking, some reading
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App