I really don’t want to align myself with the seemingly irresponsible comments of Anthony Gabby Carter who was reported in the press as stating Barbados is ripe for a revolt.
Probably he is looking at part two of his song Riots.
But I agree with him.
However, my agreement goes beyond people not being able to make ends meet. I read the comments from the Minister of Social Care and a lot of what he said was news to me. I know lots of poor struggling people and up until then I was not armed with that information to direct them to the avenues of relief he spoke about.
But I thank him for speaking out.
In this Season of Emancipation I did some soul searching, some thinking, some reading
Recent Local News
- Nishal's plight a wake-up call to parents
- Central Bank opens debt exchange forum on Monday
- Weather Update: Tropical Depression #11 and Tropical Storm Kirk
- Statement from the DLP on the passing of Evelyn Greaves
- Evelyn Greaves an example of dedication and commitment - PM Mottley
- Barbadian diplomat Evelyn Greaves has died
- Mobile App