A brilliant knock of 141 runs not out from Barbados captain Shai Hope helped to put the home team in a solid position on day two of their three-day Regional Under-19 match against the Leeward Islands at the St. Catherine’s Ground, Bayfield, St. Phillip.
The match, which started yesterday, saw Barbados winning the toss, inserting the Leeward Islands and dismissing them for 160 in 78 overs.
Barbados’ bowling effort was led by left-handed fast bowler Darnell Greenidge who took four for 15 and Akeem Jordan who took three wickets for 22 runs.
Captain Akeem Saunders top scored with 74 and Dymon Parris made 34.
Barbados dominated the proceedings afterwards marching to 284 for five declared, for a lead of 124.
Craig St Hill chipped in with 74 for Barbados. Tristan Hanley had figures of two for 74 runs in 24 overs.
Play is scheduled to recommence tomorrow at 10 a.m. (ML)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App