The Battle Royale of the season will take place tomorrow night at the Kensington Oval.
Nine calypsonians will be trying to dethrone 2011 monarch Popsicle when the MQI/Banks/LIME Pic-O-De-Crop Finals come off at the Fontabelle, starting at 8 p.m.
Four kings – Gabby, Popsicle, Red Plastic Bag and Adrian Clarke – are the first four contestants on the stage and they are all expected to bring their best as would the other contenders, Adonijah, Chrystal Cummins-Beckles, Ian Webster, Blood, Smokey Burke, De Announcer, who have all been to the finals before.
Hundreds of people are expected to attend the contest which is one of the marquee events on the Crop-Over calender.
The calypsonians are being backed by the Festival Band, which is led by Superintendent Keith Ellis.
Yesterday, the calypsonians and other officials were at Kensington Oval for a grand rehearsal as the National Cultural Foundation started work the erecting a stage, and ensuring that the technical aspects critical to the production were in place.
The NCF is expecting a bumper audience at that venue but is keeping an eye on the impending tropical storm which should pass to the north of Barbados early tomorrow morning.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App