PORT OF SPAIN — Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar was loudly booed by patrons after her arrival was announced at the launch of mas band YUMA’s 2013 presentation, Imagine, on Wednesday night.
Venue was Queen’s Royal College in Port of Spain.
Against proper protocols, the MC at the time announced the arrival of President George Maxwell Richards, followed by the Prime Minister and then visiting Nigerian Head of State, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, when all Heads of State are supposed to be announced before Heads of Government.
However, while Richards and Jonathan received cheers, Persad-Bissessar was booed by a large section of the crowd. All three dignitaries and their entourages left the venue soon after.
It was just after 11 p.m. and the audience of hundreds had grown restless while waiting for the costumes to be presented. Throughout the evening, DJs Sean Christian, 5Star Akil and Studio Guys Movement kept the gathering entertained with a hype mix of popular music while advertising the arrival of “some very special guests”. (Express)
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App