LEEDS – England reached 48-0 in reply to South Africa’s 419 at stumps of day two of the second Test at Headingley today.
Andrew Strauss (19 not out) and Alastair Cook (20 not out) batted throughout the final session to reduce England’s arrears to 371 when bad light ended play early.
Alviro Petersen had earlier extended his overnight 124 to a career-best 182 before Stuart Broad ended the Proteas opener’s almost nine-hour, career-best effort.
JP Duminy (48 not out) marshalled the tail to see the tourists above 400, while Broad finished with 3-96 and his fellow seamers James Anderson (2-61) and Steven Finn (2-118) two apiece.
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App