Barbadians can look out for Carnival Queen again next year, is the promise of Trevor Pretty.
The event, which came off on Wednesday at the dock side of the Jolly Roger on the Wickham/Lewis Boardwalk in the City ,was a big success, he said.
Even though it was the inaugural show, the dancer/entrepreneur noted it was well patronised also.
The winner, 19 year old Nadia Holmes, will be headed to Brazil in November for that country’s edition of the show, also organised by Pretty, and next Crop-Over the winner of the Brazilian leg will come to Barbados.
Ten stunning women competed in three segments: Personal swim suit, Brazilian bikini and Crop-Over. While a winner had to be chosen, many of the people in the audience (especially the men) agreed that
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App