The Barbados Under-17 football team has advanced to the CONCACAF finals scheduled to be held next year in Panama.
The team, which is currently in St Kitts competing in Group 5 of the CFU qualifiers, defeated St Kitts 3-1 last night.
They owed their victory in large measure to the brilliant display of Shaquille “Razu” Boyce who scored a hat-trick with his goals coming in the 5th, 56th and 93rd minutes.
Also having an outstanding game were goalkeeper Keon Harding, Ramar Millar, Ranaldo Bailey and Andre Blackman. Harding was especially at his best in the second-half when he saved a penalty that was awarded to the hosts. St. Kitts’ goal came in the 76th minute.
Barbados were also grouped with the United States Virgin Islands who they defeated 4-1 on Tuesday.
The Barbados footballers are all expected back home on Sunday evening.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App