Never without controversy – that’s the story of Crop-Over each year.
And while things have gone relatively smoothly this year, the challenges presented by the passage of Tropical Storm Ernesto yesterday and the shifting of the venue from Kensington Oval to the Wildey Gymnasium, today raised some fears of a disagreement between the calypsonians and the National Cultural Foundation.
But while the sides talked, those responsible for setting up the stage got on with their business – the result being that when the patries came to an agreement all the infrastructure was in place. The only thing missing were the 6,000-odd patrons, who began arriving just before sunset.
Recent Local News
- Nishal's plight a wake-up call to parents
- Central Bank opens debt exchange forum on Monday
- Weather Update: Tropical Depression #11 and Tropical Storm Kirk
- Statement from the DLP on the passing of Evelyn Greaves
- Evelyn Greaves an example of dedication and commitment - PM Mottley
- Barbadian diplomat Evelyn Greaves has died
- Mobile App