For the first time since 2009 Grand Kadooment bands passed through the National Stadium.
One cannot be certain if it was because of the rain but the spectators who turned out were not sufficient to full at least one of the stands today.
Regardless, the revellers still came out had a ball and strutted their stuff for the those eager to see a rainbow of colours – and of course the judges.
Twenty- two bands and more than 19,000 people jumped across the blue and yellow track to be judged on: portrayal, craftsmanship, presentation, originality and visual impact. (KC)
- Local News
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App