There is now a new, smooth and widened road through Jack-in-the-box Gully in St. Thomas.
The Ministry of Transport and Works announced today that the road, closed after the passage of Tropical Storm Tomas in October 2010, had been paved and was now reopened from the end coming from Ashford through to Walkes Springs.
The section coming from Proute is still closed and road works are ongoing.
However, motorists have been advised to proceed with caution since a utility pole still needs to be removed from the centre of the road.
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App