Elite Sports and Ufukuzo Barbados’ distance running programme gets into full gear on Sunday.
The two entities are collaborating for the Step-It-Up Run Series which will consist of 5K, 10K and 15k races in Belleplaine, St Andrew.
The series starts on a 5K loop at Belleplaine at 4 p.m. and there will be a number of races of various distances that will be staged on an almost weekly basis at the East Coast.
Several organisations are involved in the breast cancer fund-raising venture, including the National Sports Council. The racing programme is also to push the concept of a national healthy lifestyle.
Registration for the activities and other relevant information can be obtained by visiting www.ufukuzo.com.
Ufukuzo Barbados is a non-profit running club that encourages distance running and assists race organizers with their running events through the use of their website and Facebook page. Details of these running, hiking and walking events can also be found on www.ufukuzo. com. (PR)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App