Trinidad and Tobago mauled Dominica by 170 runs today as the Regional Women’s Twenty20 Cricket Tournament continued in Jamaica.
Playing in the early seventh round match at Kensington Park, Trinidad and Tobago romped to 209 for three in their 20 overs with Amanda Samaroo bludgeoning the Dominica attack in rushing to 98, but falling agonisingly short of a century. She got good support from Britney Cooper who scored 54, while Stacy Ann King chipped in with 30.
Dominica were never in the contest, losing wickets steadily as they meandered to 39 all out in 18.1 overs with the top score of 14 coming from Pearl Etienne. Gaitri Seetahal proved virtually unplayable, snaring four wickets for seven runs.
At Chedwin Park, Guyana also had a comfortable 59 runs victory over St Lucia. Summarised scores:SFlbAt Kensington Park: Trinidad & Tobago 209 for three off 20 overs (Amanda Samaroo 98, Britney Cooper 54, Stacy Ann King 30) Dominica 39 off 18.1 overs(Pearl Etienne 14; Gaitri Seetahal 4-7, Felicia Walters 2-8) Trinidad and Tobago defeated Dominica by 170 runs.
At Chedwin Park: Guyana 117 for three off 20 overs (June Ogle 58 not out, Shemaine Campbelle 40) St. Lucia 58 for seven off 20 overs (Joann Vansertima 2-6, Prudence Williams 2-17) Guyana won by 59 runs.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App