From Sunday motorists will no longer have direct access from Observatory Road onto Wildey Road.
A statement this evening from the Ministry of Transport and Works advised motorists that from Sunday Observatory Road will now accommodate traffic flow in a two-way direction onto Adams Road which will facilitate exit onto Highway 6.
Removable bollards will be placed at the entrance to Observatory Road to provide access in the event of an emergency.
The statement said too the ministry would also be relocating the pedestrian crossing between Carter’s and the Texaco Service Station further to the east following complaints that motorists did not have enough time to negotiate the Highway6/Highway R junction and then observe the pedestrian crossing.
An extra lane will be provided on the Highway 6 leg of the Highway 6/Highway R junction to improve traffic flow.
Over the past two weeks a team from the ministry has been remarking the junction to upgrade traffic safety.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App