The action at the London Paralympics 2012 has been frenetic and often awe-inspiring.
It has been played out before huge crowds urging on either their favourite or national athletes. A number of records have fallen by the wayside in almost every discipline with the athletes not allowing any physical disability to be an athletic inability.
Barbados TODAY brings more poignant images from the Games.
China’s Xu Qing (L), Zheng Tao (C) and Brazil’s Adriano de Lima prepare to race in the men’s 50m Freestyle – S6 heats during the London 2012 Paralympic Games at the Aquatics Centre in the Olympic Park. The S6 category is for swimmers who have amputations of both arms, swimmers of short stature or moderate co-ordination problems.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App