It was like angel voices were ever singing as the St. Cyprian Anglican Church presented Music in the Avenues last weekend.
Held under the patronage of Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and Lady Belgrave, the evening of music by the Organ Fund Steering Committee featured a number of performances from choirs, bands and individuals from all parts of the island.
The evening saw joyful selections from the Barclay Singers, the St. Peter Church Choir, Barbados Defence Force Band and the church’s own, St. Cyprian Choir.
The beautiful voices of Chad Montplaisir and Jane Small, as well as the talent of Shawn Holder on violin also added a unique quality to the evening that seemed thoroughly enjoyed by the Governor General and his wife, along with the audience that came for the performances (LB)
Recent Local News
- SBA ready to play key role in Barbados’ recovery
- Nishal's plight a wake-up call to parents
- Central Bank opens debt exchange forum on Monday
- Weather Update: Tropical Depression #11 and Tropical Storm Kirk
- Statement from the DLP on the passing of Evelyn Greaves
- Evelyn Greaves an example of dedication and commitment - PM Mottley
- Mobile App