KINGSTON — A bus driver has died after his motor vehicle was hit by a truck along the St D’Acre main road in St Ann today.
The police have identified him as Christopher Hall of Alexandria, St Ann.
A spokesperson at the Alexandria police station told The Gleaner/Power 106 News Centre that the driver of the truck will be charged in connection with the crash.
In the meantime, one of the injured passengers is to be transferred from the St Ann’s Bay hospital to the Kingston Public Hospital after receiving spinal injuries.
It is reported that the bus, which plies the Brown’s Town to Cave Valley route, was travelling towards Alexandria when it crashed into the truck.
The truck, which was travelling in the opposite direction reportedly veered into the path of the bus.
Several persons, including students were injured and taken to hospital, where Hall later succumbed to injuries.
The condition of the other persons injured could not be immediately ascertained. (Gleaner)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App