Port of Spain – Bangladesh defeated Barbados by seven wickets with nine balls remaining in a rain-marred opening match of the ‘Asia v the Caribbean’ Twenty20 series at Queen’s Park Oval on Thursday evening.
Following afternoon showers which reduced the match to eight overs a side, Barbados were restricted to 65 for four after Kirk Edwards won the toss.
West Indies Under-19 team all-rounder Kyle Mayers topscored with 18 off six balls including two sixes at No. 3 before he was run out, while opener Omar Phillips and off-spinning all-rounder Ashley Nurse each made 15 with the latter unbeaten after slamming three fours in a six-ball knock.
Mayers went to the crease after Edwards, who made five, edged a flash off the highly respected left-arm spinner Shakib Al Hasan to wicket-keeper Mushfiqur
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App