The final season of racing under the banner of the Radio Operated Auto Racers, will begin this Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Garfield Sobers Gymnasium Raceway, Wildey, St Michael.
An all-out battle will be expected in all three classes, especially since many experienced drivers are expected to make their return to competition.
In the 1:8 off road “modified” class, names such as Chris Wadman, Delroy Newton, Brian Bayne and Gerry Haynes, are expected to make their presence felt and hope to offer serious competition to season three champion Robin Mustor in his Mackeson Team Xray XB 9, as well as to Ryan Hill, Matthew Whitney and Scott Foster.
The talented duo of Barry Mustor and Brian Taylor are expected to make their return to racing in the 1:10 on road class, but may find the going rough as others like Nigel Thomas, Corey and Jeremy Birkett.
Llewellyn Riley and John Berrett may make a podium place for them very difficult to achieve.
In the 1:8 off road “open” class, season three champion, Andrew “Scooby” Smith, is expected to make a bold effort to repeat his success in season four, but will have serious competition from the likes of Nick Harrison and Richard Gamble, who have been busy upgrading their machines.
Those who may be interested in entering the competition are advised that registration will open at 1 p.m. on race day.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App