Water, water everywhere. This was the situation in Wanstead Terrace, St. James today after an eight inch main was ruptured.
Barbados TODAY was informed that around 10:30 a.m. while drilling a well, to accommodate the run off rain water which usually flooded that area, workmen from Williams Drilling Services mistakenly burst the main. One of the workers said while he could not estimate how much water was lost as a result, he believed it was “enough that would run a district for a month”.
This evening, Wanstead residents said there had been no disruption of water, and many were oblivious to the situation in their back yard. Only one workman from the Barbados Water Authority was present when a Barbados Today team visited the area around 4:30 p.m. and he declined to comment, when asked how long it would take to resolve the problem.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App