LONDON – Italy’s Alex Zanardi won his second Paralympic gold of the London Games with victory in the handcycling road race at Brands Hatch today.
The ex-Formula 1 driver, who lost both legs following a crash in 2001, won the H4 handcycling time trial on Wednesday.
And the 45-year-old followed it up with a sprint finish to take the road race ahead of South Africa’s Ernst van Dyk and Belgian Wim Decleir.
Zanardi had both legs amputated following a Cart accident in Germany.
Last year he won the New York marathon at the fourth attempt and also claimed world time- trial silver.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App