The Barbados Labour Party is planning to send home 10,000 public servants if it wins the coming general elections.
This charge was made by Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler last night as he addressed a meeting of the St. James South branch of the Democratic Labour Party.
The labour party will tell you that you need to cut expenditure, but they will not tell you where and how much to cut because they want to present the have-your-cake-and-eat-it- too to the public of Barbados.
“They don’t want to say to the public that if they are elected they will send home 10,000 public servants, which is what they really planning to do. And I can say it now without fear of contradiction that Owen Arthur, and Clyde Mascoll and
Anthony Wood and Tyrone Barker and that crowd meet every week at the University of the West Indies … with a secret plan … and that plan is to gut the public service.
“So all those people out there who are holding on to a job, the difference between you having that job and you not having that job is the Democratic Labour Party winning the next Government… At the end of the day the BLP is in political business to serve their masters, and their masters are not people who look like your or me. They are in business to serve the people who they have to pay debts to.
“The DLP, on the other hand, is in the business of politics to serve the people of Barbados..”
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App