Substitute Ryan Forde provided the match winner for The Crane Residential Resort as they defeated SBI Distribution 2-1 to clinch the Division 1 title in the 2012 Barbados Commercial Football Association’s six-a-side tournament on Saturday night.
Playing at the Bagatelle ground in St. Thomas, Forde found the nets in the 4th minute of extra time, and thereafter Crane managed to shut out SBI with robust defending to secure the championship.
Teams were locked at 1-1 at the end of regulation time in a high-energy play-off match which featured 22 minutes per half and two five-minute periods of extra time.
SBI pressured their opponents and created opportunities but were always playing catch-up against the men from the East after Mustavo Haqq put Crane ahead early in 10th minute with a lethal free kick that scorched the nets. Patrick Ifill kept SBI in the match, as he equalised with a clever header in the 25th minute, but they were unable to find the nets in extra-time and deny the celebrations of the The Crane.
In the Division 2 play-off, SY Adam Welches defeated Storm Water Ballers 2-1 with second- half goals from Hayden Holligan and Majoe Armstrong. Stephen Dorson scored for Storm Water.
Following the exciting play-offs, watched by a sizeable crowd and representatives of the sponsors, Sharron Alleyne-Elcock, marketing manager of main sponsors United Insurance, praised the players and
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App