What are the new requirements for mail-in visa applications?
Starting in August 2012, the US Embassy established new requirements for the mail-in visa programme. The requirements listed below will help guide you in figuring out whether you can submit a visa application by mail.
If you are applying for a visa for a child under 14, the child must meet the following requirements:
a) Biological parent (listed on the birth certificate) with a valid tourist or business visa (B1, B2, or B1/B2) or has a valid ESTA waiver from France, United Kingdom, or the Netherlands.
b) The child has never been refused a visa or the child was issued a visa subsequent to a prior refusal.
c) The child’s previous US visa was not lost or stolen.
d) Neither birth parent is a US citizen.
e) The child and one parent are citizens and passport holders of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, *France, *United Kingdom, or *The Netherlands. (* Passport holders of France, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands must be residents of this Consular District.)
People over the age of 80 may also qualify for the mail-in visa programme if they meet the following requirements:
a) Their previous visa was not revoked or cancelled due to an immigration violation.
b) Their previous US visa was not lost or stolen.
c) They are applying for a tourist or business visa (B1 or B2).
d) They have never been refused a visa or you were issued a visa subsequent to a prior refusal.
e) They are a citizen and passport holder of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, or St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
If you or your child meets all of the criteria, please submit the following supporting documentation:
* Your passport, valid for at least six months and with at least one blank page.
* Any previous passports issued to you or your child containing US visas.
* Evidence of your ability to finance travel, through a bank statement or other means.
* DS-160 Application confirmation page.
* One colour photograph (5 cm x 5 cm).
* The visa application fee, a non-refundable US$160 or BBD$323 bank draft made payable to the US Embassy. No personal or company cheques, debit or credit cards can be accepted.
* Pre-paid airway bill and courier pack for return of the documents in a courier service package addressed to the Consular Section.
If you have additional questions, please visit our website, http://barbados.usembassy.gov/mail_in.html, or email us at [email protected]
You can also “like” our US Embassy Bridgetown page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/USEmbassyBarbados) to learn about upcoming visa chats!
More visa information can be found at the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the US State Department’s website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html.