A 48 year-old clerical officer with the Customs and Excise Department appeared in the Oistins Magistrates Court today on drug charges.
Margaret Yvonne King, of Harmony Hall, St. Lawrence, Christ Church, who was arrested and charged with possession, trafficking, possession with intent to supply, and importation of 29 pounds of cannabis yesterday was not required to plea to the charges.
King was visiting the Bridgetown Port to clear two barrels when she was arrested, after an inspection by customs agents revealed 39 packages of cannabis concealed in boxes of foodstuff and detergent.
She was detained and the drugs seized.
King was granted bail in the sum of $100,000 with one surety to return to the District “A” Magistrate Court next Monday. (DS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App