Celebrations are still going on in the east following the Crane Residential Resort’s capture of the 2012 Barbados Commercial Football Association’s six-a-side championship.
Crane, boasting national player Barry Skeete and BFA Division 1 player Paul Archer in their line-up, defeated SBI Distribution 2-1 in the play-off to win the tournament last weekend at the Bagatelle ground in St. Thomas.
Following the exciting match, watched by a sizeable crowd and representatives of the sponsors, Sharron Alleyne-Elcock, marketing manager of main sponsors United Insurance, praised the players and organisers for a successful tournament. She also presented the prizes and pledged United’s support again for the tournament next year.This year marked the first time in the 24 years of existence of the Commercial Football Association, that a six-a-side festival was staged and 90 matches were played over a six-week period.
Over 300 goals were scored in the tournament which was also supported by Sports and Games and Armstrong Agencies, and featured 30 teams in Division 2 and 10 teams in Division.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App