Attorney Lani Daisley is expected to reappear in the Bridgetown Magistrates Court next March.
The 32 year-old resident of Paradise Beach, St. Michael, was charged with trespassing, assault and obstruction when she reportedly sought to see her client, who was being investigated in a drug case at Customs yesterday.
She was granted bail in the sum of $3,000 with one surety.
The confrontation between police officers and the lawyer at the Bridgetown Port raised concerns among the legal fraternity about their access to clients and prompted queen’s counsel and former Attorney-General of Barbados, Mia Mottley, to express misgivings about what she said were problems junior lawyers were experiencing in this regard. (DS)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App