1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon Asian red chili paste
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
3 scallions, green parts only, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pounds extra-large shrimp (16 to 20-count size), shelled and deveined
1. Put the orange juice, cilantro, chili paste, olive oil, garlic, scallion, chipotle, and salt in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and blend until smooth.
2. Place the shrimp in a resealable freezer bag and pour the orange juice mixture over the shrimp. Chill in a refrigerator or ice-filled cooler for two to three hours but no longer.
3. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade.
4. Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat until they are opaque in the centers, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
5. Remove from heat and serve immediately — though they still rock at room temperature.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App