Principal of the Cave Hill Campus, Sir Hilary Beckles has stressed that he enjoys cordial and not adversarial relations with the Stuart administration in the shared governance of the University of the West Indies.
He was reacting to a Barbados TODAY back page article which stated that, “Sir Hilary Hits Out at Sinckler Over Cave Hill Expansion”. The principal was at the time addressing the handing over of land to the campus by philanthropist Eddie Edghill, owner of Dukes Plantation in St. Thomas.
Sir Hilary went to great lengths not to reference the comments of any specific individual but wanted to set the record straight as a historian and deal with the growing deluge of public commentary that was seeking to cast the university’s contribution to economic development in a negative light.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App