Some of the drivers of the Transport Board who went on strike earlier today had voiced concern over the level of representation being offered by the Barbados Workers’ Union and suggested that they should join en bloc the National Union of Public Workers.
However, in response to the suggestion, President of the NUPW, Walter Maloney, said his union was not in the business of poaching members from any other trade union.
Meanwhile, Maloney explained that any worker has the right under the constitution to determine who they want to represent them.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App