Kingston – A male teacher collapsed and died at the Meadowbrook High School in St. Andrew yesterday.
A source at the school said the teacher, who was taking a nine grade class through its paces in industrial arts, was writing on the blackboard when he suddenly collapsed, hit his head and died.
The teacher’s sudden passing caused school officials to suspend classes for the day and send home all pupils.
Students and teachers were traumatised by the tragic incident and many cried openly, a staff member told the Jamaica Observer.
“His fellow colleagues were visibly upset, and the death has shaken up the entire school community,” the staff member, who asked not to be identified, said.
A student also confirmed the incident.
The teacher was only identified as ‘Mr. Heaven’ by the student.
The Jamaica Constabulary’s Director of Communications Karl Angell last night confirmed the incident. (Jamaica Observer)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App