Nassau – A man was stabbed to death on Eight Mile Rock, Grand Bahama on Tuesday night – pushing the murder count for 2012 to 86.
Police said that a man in his 50s was found with stab wounds to the chest at his home in the Pine Dale area at around 11 p.m.
According to police reports, the unidentified victim was stabbed following a dispute with a group of men, although the specifics of the incident were unclear.
Police said they discovered the man’s body at the home shortly after the incident occurred.
Police said that the victim was transported by ambulance to the Rand Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
This latest murder occurred after a man was found with a shotgun wound to the chest in his home in the gated community of Fortune Bay, Freeport on Monday.
Police classified that death as a suicide yesterday and identified the victim as Jack Pfeifer, 85, a resident of Reef Close, Fortune Bay.
Police reported that Pfeifer’s body was discovered by his wife on the porch of their home.
Pfeifer’s body was found sitting in a chair in his home around 12:30 p.m.
Emergency medical services personnel pronounced him dead at the scene. (Nassau Guardian)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App