The Barbados Association of Retired Persons has prepared a memorial and a condolence book, and invites BARP members to express their sympathies to the family of the late Sir Carlisle Burton, founding member and first President of BARP, who passed away on Tuesday, September 18. The condolence book will be available during office hours, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at BARP’s headquarters in Collymore Rock, and will be presented to Sir Carlisle’s family at a later date.
As a mark or respect the BARP office will be closed on Tuesday September 25, the date of Sir Carlisle’s funeral which takes place at St. Mary’s Church, Bridgetown at 10 a.m.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App