A Barbados President’s XI defeated Trinidad & Tobago by 13 runs in the third and final match of the Goodwill Twenty20 series at Pine Basin today.
Chasing 151 to win off 20 overs, Trinidad & Tobago, the Caribbean T20 champions, were restricted to 137 for eight.
West Indies opener Adrian Barath top-scored for Trinidad & Tobago with 42 off 38 balls, hitting five fours. Off-spinner Ashley Nurse was the leading wicket-taker with four for 27 off four overs, while medium-pacer Kyle Mayers picked up two for 22, also off four overs.
Earlier the Barbados President’s XI scored 150 for six off their 20 overs after winning the toss.
Multi-talented middle-order batsman Jonathan Carter top-scored with 53 off 44 balls, striking three fours and three sixes, while fellow left-hander Ryan Hinds made 49 off 46 balls with two fours and one six.
Hinds and Carter added 86 in 12.1 overs for the third wicket.
Left-arm spinner Yannick Ottley was the leading wicket-taker for the visitors with four for 30 off four overs.
Trinidad & Tobago won the series 2-1 following victories by three wickets and eight wickets under lights at Kensington Oval on Wednesday and Thursday.
The series was part of Trinidad & Tobago’s preparations for the Champions League in South Africa next month. (BCA)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App