1 cup long grain rice
1 tsp (1 cube) chicken bullion
1 can diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 can tomato sauc
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
Place the dry rice into a pot and rinse with running water. Pour off as much of the water as possible without losing rice down the drain.
Add the chicken bullion, tomatoes w/chilies, tomato sauce, chopped garlic and one cup of water to the pot. Stir to combine.
Put a lid on the pot and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
As soon as the mixture comes to a rolling boil, reduce the heat to low so the mixture is just barely simmering. Let the mixture simmer for about 30 minutes then remove from the heat, keep lid in place and let sit until ready to eat. Fluff with fork just before serving.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App