Current President of the Congress of Trade Unions and Staff Associations of Barbados, Cedric Murrell, will be returned unopposed to head the body when it meets on Thursday and Friday of this week.
Also nominated unopposed are General Secretary, Dennis De Peiza, and third vice president, Grantley Greene of the Barbados Fire Service Association.
Meanwhile, Veronica Griffith of the Barbados Workers Union and Michael Sobers of the Barbados Police Association will be contesting the 1st Vice Presidency position.
Mary-Anne Redman of the Barbados Secondary Teachers’ Union and Michael Sobers of the Barbados Police Association will be contesting the 2nd Vice-Presidency position. Jeanette Brathwaite of the Nurses Assistants Aides Association of Barbados and Ryan Phillips of The Barbados Prison Officers Association will be contesting the Assistant General Secretary position. Two members of the National Union of Public Workers, namely, Anne-Marie Burke and Pamela Humphrey will be contesting the position of Treasurer of CTUSAB. (NC)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App