It is never too late to take care of the Environment.
This was evident when Minister of International Business and International Transport, George Hutson, journeyed to the Welches Primary School in Welches, St. Thomas today to plant a tree. Hutson, who is also MP for St. James Central in which the school is located, and some of the children from the school planted the tree in recognition of Arbor Day which was observed last Saturday, in Barbados.
This was third tree the Minister had planted at the school and the little ones were quite informed on the reasons why it was necessary for them to look after the environment. When he asked the students why planting trees was important one said, “because they give us food”, another said they cleaned the air while others, with their hands raised were eager to give their input. (KC)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App